Wednesday 4 July 2012

Pure Lacquer Nail Apps: Reptile



Name: Reptile

Collection: OPI’s Pure Lacquer Nail Apps

Colour: Pink, Silver, Brown, Gold and Green Reptile Scale Print

Coats: 1 layer

Pros: The design of these nail stickers is really eye-catching and it is definitely not something you could accomplish with regular nail polish. For the most part, these stickers adhered well to my nails but for some reason the tips kept peeling back. However, this wasn’t very noticeable because of the intricate design, so I still got lots of compliments.

Cons: They were pretty hard to put on because everyone has different shaped nails of various lengths. As a result, they need to be applied, smoothed, trimmed, shaped and filed, then sealed with a clear top coat. This can be a lot of work if you are on the go like me but I think they are fun to try every now and again. I was disappointed to find that I had bits of the sticker hanging over the edge of my nails in some places and then peeling at tips! Additionally, I couldn’t really touch-up my nails because the design wouldn’t match up. Finally, the designs are pretty unique so they don’t really go with any outfits. Also they are supposed to be easily removed with regular nail polish remover but it doesn't really!

Have you tried OPI’s Pure Lacquer Nail Apps or any other nail stickers? Did you like them?



Product Provided by OPI

8 comments:

  1. you're right- these look beautiful! I have used the Sally Hansen nail strips before and agree with you on removal- they do not come off easily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look amazing. A very unique look. I think they are worth the extra work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this design! I can never get nail stickers to stick on my nails properly :( Your nails look pretty curvy like mine but I just have the hardest time getting the stickers to lay perfectly smooth...and it really bugs me if they're not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design! Thank you for following my blog. I am your new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Demi! Your bridal pictures were amazing.

      Delete
  5. This design is really cool. I've used Sally Hansen and Incoco. I think I prefer Sally Hansen's. Have you used either of them? How do they compare?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not tried Sally Hansen, but I really like some of their designs! I have heard that they have peeling problems. When I try them out I will post a review.
    Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just tried these out, I really like them! :)

    ReplyDelete